Home Addition Costs in Ottawa
Do you want to add square footage to your garage, or finish your basement but aren’t sure about the price? Then you’re in the perfect place. At RenosGroup, we pride ourselves on educating our customers. That’s why we’re completely transparent about our rates. We’re also upfront about what you should expect to pay for home renovations in Ottawa.
It’s our goal to educate you so that you don’t get ripped off by shady contractors.
There are many handymen and contractors out there that claim to charge next to nothing. Yet, they often cheat their customers through hidden charges and poor labor. That’s why we’ve created a practical pricing guide for our top-notch renovations.
Basic Room Addition Costs
Are you an Ottawa homeowner in need of some extra space? Maybe you just had a child and need another bedroom. Packing up and moving to a new home is expensive and cumbersome. Not only that but buying a new home just for an extra room is a huge step.
That’s why you need a home addition from RenosGroup instead. We can provide you with an essential room addition to give you that much-needed space.
That way, you won’t have to move or uproot your life just for the sake of an extra room.
So what can you expect to pay for a basic room addition? Here’s a breakdown:
- $57,000 – $125,000 + HST for the addition of a 15′ x 15′ 225 SF bedroom, up to a 20′ x 25′ 750 SF
- $275-$300 per square foot
- Price is for a single room addition only
- Minimal electrical and structural work included
- No plumbing included in the price
With our help, you can add an extra room for the new baby without having to move. Beyond that, our room additions are perfect for adding a man cave, extra storage space, and more. If you wish that your Ottawa home had more space, then an essential room addition from us will make that wish come true.
Garage Addition Costs
Is the only thing holding you back from buying a new car a lack of garage space? Then you need to give us a call to add extra square footage to your garage or carport. A more oversized garage will also add to the resell value of your Ottawa home. A garage addition is a fantastic idea if you’re trying to think of upgrades to sell your home for more.
If you’re running out of space for everything, adding to your garage can solve your storage woes.
If you’re curious about getting a garage addition in Ottawa, here’s an overview of the pricing:
- $45,000 – $114,000 + HST for a 12′ x 20′ 240 SF garage, up to a 24′ x 25′ 600 SF two-car garage
- $190-$200 per square foot
- Enough room to park another vehicle
There’s a lot that you can do with a garage addition. If you aren’t concerned with parking your vehicle or storage, why not make it a weight room, man cave, or bar? Let us know what you have in mind during our free in-home consultation, and our team will make it happen.
Finished Basement Costs
If you have an unfinished basement in Ottawa, it’s time to change that. Keeping your basement incomplete is effectively wasting an entire room of your home. Sadly, basements are often the most underutilized room in many homes. We specialize in finishing basements at RenosGroup, so don’t wait to give us a call if you want to spruce things up. Beyond finishing your basement, we can also help you renovate and repurpose it.
There are lots of benefits involved with finishing your basement. These include:
- Increased energy efficiency. If your basement isn’t finished, then it’s not insulated. As a result, cold and hot air escapes, making it harder to maintain the temperature in your home. Finishing the basement will insulate it, saving you money on your energy bill.
- Increased value to your home. Finishing your basement can provide a 70% ROI due to the value it adds to your home. If you plan on selling your home in Ottawa, you owe it to yourself to hire us to finish the basement. A finished basement is often high on homebuyers’ wishlists. That can not only help your home sell for more but also faster.
- Added versatility. You can use it as a bonus room when you stop neglecting your basement. We encourage homeowners to turn their basement into a room they wish they had. For example, do you want a home gym or hobby room? Then your basement is a perfect fit, but you need to finish it first!
Here’s an overview of what you can expect to pay for a finished basement:
- $30,000 – $80,000 + HST for a basement 700-1,000 SF in length
- $45-$85 per square foot
- Lower square footage price includes basic finishes
- Higher square footage price includes higher-end finishes & full bathroom
Kitchen/Bathroom & Multi-Room Addition Costs
For homeowners wanting larger kitchens or bathrooms, we don’t disappoint at RenosGroup. We can add to your current kitchens and bathrooms or build new ones from scratch. Also, if you need to add multiple bedrooms to your Ottawa home, you can count on us. We do closets, bedrooms, kitchens, bathrooms, and more.
With our skilled team on your side, you’ll never have to settle for a subpar kitchen or bathroom.
Do you wish you had an island or an extra area for a pizza oven? Would you love to add a bathroom to the first floor for your guests? It would be best if you reached out to us for a free in-home consultation today.
Here are the prices we charge for kitchens, bathrooms, and multiple room additions:
- $62,000 – $207,000 + HST for a 15′ x 15′ 225 SF kitchen, to a 25′ x 30′ 750 SF room addition
- $275 – $300 per square foot
- Multiple rooms are available
- Techno posts/Concrete Piers
- Moderate to high-end finishes
- Bathrooms, tile, hardwood, closets, and more
Crawl Space/Stem Wall Foundation Costs
Do you want to add to your crawl spaces or stem wall foundation? That’s no problem for us, and both are well within our areas of expertise. Here’s what you can expect to pay:
- $10,000 – $25,000 HST
- $25 – $40 per SF of wall space
Full-Height Basement Foundation Costs
Please don’t wait to get in touch if you need a complete basement foundation for your home. That means that the basement will match the perimeter of your home. Full height refers to a ceiling height of 7-feet or above. That will grant you a high enough basement to repurpose into anything. From there, we can finish it and turn it into a spare bedroom, home gym, or anything else you desire.
Here’s a breakdown of what we charge:
- $25,000 – $60,000 HST
- $25 – $50 per SF of wall space
As you can see, we’re very upfront about our home addition costs. Not only are our prices fair, but our expertise is second to none. If you want a home addition with remarkable craftsmanship, please don’t wait to reach out for a free in-home consultation. To do so, give us a call at (613) 727-9427.