If you’re advancing in age, then you need to prepare your home for your emerging needs. Lots of homeowners in Ottawa would prefer to stay at home instead of going to a retirement facility. To do so, you need to make your home as accessible as possible with mobility renovations
The fact is that most homes are not equipped for the challenges that come with getting older.
Our team of contractors will make sure your home meets your growing needs. We’ll do so by adding more space, increasing safety, and making areas more accessible.
You can also reach out to us if you’re disabled and need to make things more accessible around the house.
We’ll go over what you want and need out of your home during your free consultation with us. Do you need a wheelchair ramp installed at your front door? Are you in need of a specialized bathroom with handrails and extra space? We can provide all the above and more at RenosGroup. Our mission is to make your home as accessible as you need it to be to stay there.
Please don’t lose your independence, get in touch with our team instead to stay at home.
If you need mobility renovations in Ottawa, read on to learn how to help you at RenosGroup.
Allow Us to Make Your Home More Accessible
It would be our honor to make your home easier to navigate for you. Whether you’re advancing in age or are living with a disability, we will help you feel at ease in your home. It’s a fact that most seniors would prefer to stay in their homes instead of going to an assisted living facility. The sad news is that most homes are not built with accessibility in mind. The good news is that our team at RenosGroup can change that.
The main issues seniors and disabled people run into are:
- Not enough space. If you use a wheelchair or scooter, you may have trouble getting around at home. That’s because most homes don’t come with enough space for mobility limitations. Our team will help you create the space that you need to get around with ease.
- Limited access. Are your cabinets up way too high for you to reach? Is it difficult for you to bend down to retrieve items in your kitchen? Limited access to storage areas can be a big hassle for seniors and those with mobility limitations. At RenosGroup, our mobility renovations in Ottawa focus heavily on making these areas easier to reach.
- Safety issues. A routine task such as taking a shower or retrieving a hot meal out of an oven can be dangerous for seniors. That’s why you need our team to develop safety systems to tackle these tasks without any risk to you. We’ll make sure that you feel 100% safe in your home at all times.
It can also be challenging for those with mobility limitations to find the right team of renovators. It’s hard to find contractors that provide quality mobility renovations in Ottawa. Luckily, we’re here to provide you with personalized service and a free in-home consultation. You won’t find excellent service like that anywhere else in the region. We’re committed to working with seniors and those with disabilities in Ottawa. That’s why we offer affordable rates and a wide array of mobility renovation services. Whether you need handrails by your stairs or a special seat for your shower, our team can do it all for you.
Working With Your Needs
At our company, we offer free in-home consultations for every client. That’s in stark contrast to what most contractors in the area offer. Not only do they not specialize in accessibility renovations, but they want to upsell you on expensive showroom products. They will make you fill out a contract charging you before they even see your house.
At RenosGroup, we’ll visit your home before ever charging you anything. That’s because we know that we need to lay eyes on your home to get a feel for what you need. We’ll also sit down with you to tell us the struggles you face daily.
We want to know your pain points, what challenges you the most during the day.
If you’re getting older, you can tell us what you anticipate will be a problem in the near future.
For example, let’s say that you’re newly retired and still in reasonably good shape. Yet, you have a bad back that gets worse with each year. As a result, bending over to get items out of cabinets close to the ground is getting harder and harder.
That’s when we recommend installing open shelving for you, so you no longer have to bend over. You agree to the plan, and we get started making it a reality. That’s how easy it is to work with our team and create a design plan. We’re here to work with your needs to make sure you can stay in your home for as long as you want to. There are many ways that our mobility renovations in Ottawa can help you achieve just that.
During our first visit, we’ll lay eyes on every room in your home, taking measurements along the way. That ensures that we can fully deliver on the design plan that we create together. We won’t present you with a contract until you agree to undergo mobility renovations in Ottawa with us.
We also make sure to write our contracts in simple English. You won’t have to struggle with confusing industry jargon. There are never any hidden fees lurking around in the fine print, either. We’re an honest company that wants nothing more than to help you feel safer in your home.
It would be best if you didn’t waste your time with cheap contractors. They may offer minuscule rates, but that’s for a reason. Contractors like that will cut corners wherever they can. That’s not what you want when renovating for your accessibility and safety. Contractors such as these are often uninsured as well. The last thing that you want as a disabled homeowner is to face a hefty repair bill due to an error.
We have WSIB insurance, so you’ll stay protected should any incidents arise. Choosing us for your mobility renovations in Ottawa is at no risk to you at all. Our team is staunchly professional, and we always treat client homes with the utmost respect. That includes thoroughly cleaning our areas after we finish each day.
Our Mobility Limitation Design Features
There are many ways that we can benefit you through our mobility renovations in Ottawa. With our 25 years of combined experience, we’ve performed hundreds of accessibility renovations. Due to this, we’ve accrued vast levels of knowledge and expertise in the area. We have many mobility limitation design features that we can deliver, including:
- Wider doorways. Narrow doorways can be a big pain point for those with scooters and wheelchairs. If you’re constantly banging your elbows and scooter wheels on the wall, get in touch with us. We’ll widen the doorways to give you plenty of room to maneuver in and out. We’ll measure your scooter to determine how wide your door should be for you to stay comfortable. Wider doorways will also keep your walls safe from scratches, dings, and dents.
- Lowered counters and tabletops. These will add a lot more ease of use if you’re in a wheelchair. Another pain point for clients who use wheelchairs is that their tables and countertops are too high. To make daily chores like cooking and eating more straightforward, we can lower them for you. Our team will conduct precise calculations to make sure you end up with tables at the perfect height. That will do a lot for making your day a lot easier and safer at home.
- Lowered bathroom fixtures. Is it impossible for you to reach your medicine cabinet without putting yourself at risk? Are you sick of not being able to use the sink without propping yourself up? Then we’d be more than happy to lower them for you. We can reduce the height of your toilet, sink, medicine cabinet, and other bathroom fixtures. That includes any lighting fixtures that may be out of reach. There’s nothing worse than having a light go out that’s far out of reach! We’ll help make that a thing of the past at RenosGroup.
- Brighter lighting. Speaking of lighting, we can brighten things up for you if your vision is starting to go. As the years go on, our vision begins to fade. That’s why some seniors need brighter lights at home to see appropriately. We have access to dozens of quality lighting fixtures that we can use to help you out. We can change the lighting for your entire home or focus on specific rooms that cause you the most vision issues.
- Easy-to-use handles for cabinets and drawers. Many homeowners with mobility limitations have a hard time opening cabinets. That’s because cabinet drawers often have very tiny, hard-to-reach handles. We mitigate this by installing unique handles that are very easy to grasp and use. We can install these special handles for every cabinet and drawer that you have at home, so reach out to us if you’re interested.
- Double-sided handrails for all stairs. Walking up the stairs with mobility limitations can be frightening. That’s why you need us to install bars on both sides of your stairs. We will work with you and take detailed measurements to determine the right height for the rails. Your comfort is always our number one concern for our mobility renovations in Ottawa.
- Reflective no-slip tape for stairs without carpet. Do you have a hard time viewing staircases in your home? Then we can install reflective tape on those troublesome stairs. That way, you’ll never have to suffer a trip and fall on them again. The tape is highly reflective, so you’ll be able to see it from a mile away. It also has a non-slip coating applied on top, so you won’t have to worry about slipping on the tape. We can use this reflective tape for other problematic areas of your home as well.
- Non-slip floors and specialized floor coverings. These are to encourage total ease of movement while in your home. If your feet ache from walking on hard tile, then it’s time for a change. We have many types of floor coverings available at Renos Group. That includes surfaces that are very easy on your feet. We also have non-slip floors that we can install throughout your home. Now you’ll never have to worry about dangerous trips and falls ever again. Our non-slip coatings are very durable, so that they will stand up to the test of time.
- Shower stalls and bathtub seats. Do you struggle to stand while taking a shower? Well, why stand when you can sit? We’ve become pros at installing shower stalls and bathtub seats through our mobility renovations in Ottawa. Not only is sitting while showering more comfortable, but it’s also a lot safer. Lots of seniors and people with mobility limitations suffer terrible falls while showering. Our beautiful stalls and seats will keep you comfy and safe while getting fresh and clean every day.
- Bathroom handrails. Safety is a big issue in the bathroom as well. If you use a wheelchair, cane, or walker, handrails in the bathroom are necessary. They will make a big difference in keeping you safe while using the restroom. We can place guardrails anywhere that you’d like, including above and below the toilet seat. We will help you develop a customized plan for your bathroom so that it suits your unique needs. We won’t stop until we get your bathroom just the way that you need it to feel comfortable.
These are just a few of our capabilities for mobility renovations in Ottawa. Thanks to our experience and expertise, we can customize your home in any way that you see fit. Our only goal is that you’re happy with your renovations and that they make your life easier.
If you’re a senior citizen in Ottawa, there’s no reason why you have to leave your home. If you get in touch with our team, we can make the impossible possible so that you can stay put. The sky is the limit when it comes to our capabilities, so don’t wait to put our skills to the test.
Advantages of Undergoing Mobility Renovations in Ottawa
If you’re wondering if renovations are worth it, there are many reasons why they are. Advantages that you’ll enjoy from our renovations include:
- Staying safe and comfortable at home. You’ll never have to suffer anxiety or fear of falling at your home. We’ll set everything up so that you can do your daily tasks with ease, comfort, and safety.
- Avoiding retirement facilities. Most seniors would prefer to stay at home instead of leaving. The reason that many seniors choose to go to a facility is that their home is too dangerous. What they don’t know is that it’s completely avoidable through some intelligent renovations. If you know a senior citizen planning to leave their home in Ottawa, please give them our number. You have options for staying at home, and we can help you at RenosGroup.
- Regain your independence. If you’re sick and tired of relying on others to help you at home, we can change that for you. Our team will come up with the perfect setup where you’ll be able to regain your freedom. You’ll be able to perform tasks that once took two people or more.
- Added value to your home. Even accessibility renovations can increase your resale value. Since most homes aren’t set up for accessibility, ones that are will shoot up in value. They’re also rare to find, making them even more valuable. We can help your home stand out in a very niche market.
Those are the top advantages that you’ll enjoy from our mobility renovations in Ottawa. Remember, we offer free in-home consultations. You’re at no risk of losing money by getting in touch with us to flesh things out. Our team is approachable and friendly, and we’d love to make the trip out to your home to see what we can do for you.
Please Don’t Wait to Give Us a Call Today!
No other contractor will consider your needs as we will at Renos Group. To recap, we offer:
- Free in-home consultations
- Contracts are written in plain English with no hidden clauses
- Affordable rates
- 25 years of combined experience
- Tons of capabilities for making your home more accessible
- Working with your unique needs to make your home safe, comfortable, and accessible
- Maintaining clear communication during the entire process
If you need high-quality mobility renovations in Ottawa, you owe yourself to use RenosGroup. We’ll go above and beyond to make your home a safe, comfortable place for you to live out the rest of your years. Please don’t wait to get in touch with us at (613) 727-9427 to get started now.
Frequently Asked Questions
The average cost for a wheelchair-friendly home is around $12,000. For a larger project and fully accessible bathroom, you're looking at approximately $25,000. (Renovation Costs Explained).
Using our team is a safer and more cost-effective way to renovate. Doing it yourself is dangerous for your bank account.
Labor is the most significant expense for accessibility renovations
Permits are only required if structural changes come into play.
Definitely. The good news is that our team will work with you to develop a detailed renovation plan.
Absolutely! Accessible homes are increasingly rare, and there's a lot of demand for them. Mobility renovations will add value to your house.
Summertime is the most popular, but you can save money by renovating in the winter. Our team at Renos Group can renovate homes at any time of the year.
The interior of the city of Ottawa
Our minimum order is 2 weeks of our labor or $12,000.