Most homes are just not suited for people who have physical limitations or challenges. Traditional home builders never thought to consider the needs of the elderly or disabled, which has resulted in many people with mobility limitations feeling unsafe living in their own home. If you’re one of these people and you’ve been recently asking yourself whether it makes sense to relocate, we can help you avoid a painful move altogether. At RenosGroup.ca, we specialize in accessibility renovations that will change the design of your home to adapt to your needs. Mobility limitations? No problem.
We understand what you’re going through and want to help improve the safety and accessibility of your home. With a few minor modifications, we can help you feel comfortable in your own home. Here’s how:
Add More Space
There are many people out there who don’t have access to all the rooms in their homes. That’s because most homes were not built to accommodate a walker or wheelchair to move easily from room to room. That’s where we come in! With a few design changes, like wider doorways, we can help create more space and give you access to your entire home.
You shouldn’t feel restricted by your own home. Wider doorways are just the beginning! Here are some additional ways to create more accessible living space:
- Open floor plans: Consider knocking down non-load-bearing walls to create seamless transitions between rooms, offering easier navigation and increased light.
- Ramp up entrances: Replace steps with gentle ramps for effortless entry and exit.
- Install automatic doors: Make entrances a breeze with hands-free door openers.
- Widen hallways and doorways: Ensure ample space for maneuvering wheelchairs, walkers, or other mobility aids.
- Eliminate thresholds: Smooth transitions between rooms prevent tripping hazards.
- Lower kitchen counters and cabinets: Accessible workstations promote independence in daily tasks.
- Rearrange furniture: Create clear pathways and avoid crowding furniture for easy movement.
Provide You With More Accessibility
Our team can help redesign your kitchen and storage areas to give you more accessibility. We can install new counters, table tops, cabinets, and storage areas to make it easier for you to reach whether you’re sitting or standing. Closets can also be adjusted to have a widened door, lowered shelving, and an easy to reach switch.
Eliminate Bathroom Safety Issues
Taking a shower can be increasingly dangerous when you have a mobility issue. We can modify your bathroom to help prevent an injury and improve your overall accessibility in your most private space.
We’ll take the time to learn about your unique needs so we can renovate your bathroom to suit your individual requirements and safety needs. Some of the modifications that are possible include adding more full doors, swing away hinges, easy to grip handrails, non-slip floors, shower stall or bathroom seats, higher toilet seats, hand held shower devices, and lowered sinks, and mirrors.
Here’s how we can help:
- Enhanced shower safety: Replace bathtubs with walk-in showers featuring low thresholds, non-slip flooring, and easy-to-grip grab bars for stable movement and confident showering.
- Improved accessibility: Install wider doorways, swing-away hinges, and barrier-free design elements to ensure effortless navigation with wheelchairs or walkers.
- Seating for comfort and stability: Equip your shower with built-in benches or removable shower seats for safe and comfortable bathing.
- Height adjustments: Raise toilet seats for easier sitting and standing, and lower sinks and mirrors for convenient use.
- Handheld shower devices: Increase maneuverability and control with easy-to-grip handheld showerheads.
- Improved lighting: Enhance visibility and reduce fall risks with brighter, strategically placed lighting.
Beyond safety, we focus on comfort and style. We offer a wide range of design options to create a bathroom that reflects your taste and personality, ensuring it complements your home’s aesthetics.
Don’t settle for feeling vulnerable in your own bathroom.
We also offer a wide range of accessibility and safety products for those with visibility concerns. With a few modifications, we can quickly improve the lighting, especially in darker areas, by using reflective non-slip tape, non-slip floor coverings that will allow you to move around your home with ease.
Beyond basic safety, we focus on creating a welcoming and inviting environment. We offer design consultations to integrate these modifications seamlessly into your existing décor, ensuring your home remains stylish and comfortable.
Finding a contractor who specializes in accessibility renovations and understands your mobility issues is often a challenge. Fortunately, you’ve come to the right place! At RenosGroup.ca, we are Ottawa’s only specialist in providing mobility limitation renovations. Mobility limitations? No problem…..Don’t hesitate to contact us, or give us a call at (613)727-9427. Our expert and compassionate team will carefully listen to all your needs and find the solutions that will help improve your lifestyle and ability to live in your home.